Baby Makes Five

Baby Makes Five
Daddy and Baby J

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sleep Deprivation Can Make A Mom ....

Last night or should I say this morning at about 2:30 am when my baby son is looking at me with those big brown eyes, all I could do was giggle. Am I a saint no way! I am just a little delusional and crazy mixed up into one woman. You see, not only do I have to be coherent for my son but for my daughters too. They both get up at 6:15 am and I have to be awake and responsive as well.

I ask you? How could I not giggle. Laughing histerically is an option but one that might land me in the looney bin for mothers who crack under pressure. As we all know, this is not an option for the perfect mom of todays society. The mom who can do it all. Juggle a house, kids, husband, pets, chores, family and everything else with a smile. Right?

Of course, my son is now of the age where he is whining. He is starting to kick and whine when he needs are not immediatly met. I, being the no nonsense mom I am, just look at him.  What else can you do to a five month old.  My thoughts are, " no response is the best response." My baby is still in the Pavlov stage of life. If you reward the behavior then there is no reason to change the behavior. Again not a Saint! And I even do not do this all the time. I don't like to hear him get upset and getting him milk a little quicker doesn't hurt.

In the midst of all this wonderful life, I have been on Jenny Craig for a month. I have lost 10 pounds and 8 inches. I am trying to be everything to everyone and that includes myself. Having a baby is a wonderful experience, in part, but some of the leftovers not so much. Really all JC is teaching me is eat 1200 calories a day and excercise and the weight comes off. Now, this is not so easy. I still make dinner every night for my family. My son doesn't always take naps and my energy level sucks sometimes. Diversifying a work out routine is hard and the food just sucks sometimes. A lot to have working against you.

My solution to some of these problems: Take baby with you on walks. He sleeps and you burn more calories pushing the baby carriage. Be more active. I mean get up to fold clothes, dance when you clean, and take the garbage out yourself. Clean your cars to cool off and have fun. Walk with kids and ask them how there day went. Have a strict rule of no TV until afterdark. Play with baby. Lift him/her up for play time. I guess just keep moving. Movement is the key to life. In my former life treating patients, my patients who always suprised me where the 90 yr olds who ran marathons. Movement people! Fountain of youth!

Food taste on JC, well somethngs can be helped and some can't. The food that is processed and stuck in a package, not there best. I usually skip this meal and opt for a great salad. Now don't think I do not crave sweets and fun stuff. I love all of the "BAD" stuff. Pizza, ice cream, donuts, hamburgers, tacos I love it all. I just make a choice not to eat it. I don't mean to trivialize the decision, but truly this is all I do. I believe everything in moderation is ok, but if you can't eat just one then don't eat any. I repeat not a Saint! I have my moments of weakness, but they are few and far between now.

As with anything, be honest! Look yourself in the face and know your truth. Are you happy? If you are then wonderful. Embrace it and live! If you are not then only you know the solution. If it is weight be honest about how much you eat. Write it down. Every drink, bite, morsal you put in your body. How much do you move? Is it just to get the remote or move the mouse. We have to start living people! Our machines need movement and movement is your fountain of youth.

My little guy is waking up, so no more preaching. I hope whoever finds this and reads it gets a little inspired to move and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment