Baby Makes Five

Baby Makes Five
Daddy and Baby J

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Inspiration

Inspiration can come in any form. Sometimes I become inspired by my oldest daughter. Her attitude towards herself and what others think of her is to be admired. I get inspired listening to my mothers wisdom. Hoping beyond hope to be so knowledgeable. I watch my middle daughter figure me out in a heartbeat and hope to be so in tuned with the people I love. My baby smiles and melts my heart and I am inspired to be better for him. Today I was inspired by someone I was watching on TV. Her name is Betheny Frankel and she is an inspiration.

Of course, I didn't start the day looking to be inspired. I was just going about my routine of cleaning, reading, bills, baby, husband, kids etc. I heard Betheny speaking on TV and began to watch the program. I know of Betheny because I have become addicted to the "Housewives" phenomenon. She was on the New York housewives at one time. Her life took a turn for the better and she married a wonderful man and had a beautiful daughter. Being Betheny and anything but boring, she started her own show called Betheny Ever After. The show is delightful, funny, real, and loving. Betheny always speaks her mind and is always real. A rarity in a world where being real can crucify you. So this is just a little background to lead to where I am going.

This show was the season finale of Betheny Ever After and Betheny is now or was doing a speaking tour. She began by telling these women about Skinny Girl Cocktails, her margarita line. How she fought to get her drink out there. Went to all the major liqueur companies, who of course shot her down. She did not give up. She pushed, made the label, got it in stores and let me tell you it blew up! She never gave up on her product. So many people told her no and she kept going. I began to think how many times have I been told no and let it stand.

Betheny then went on to speak of "Breaking the Chain". She has written a book and in the book she talks about "Breaking the Chain." Don't get bogged down by what other people do or how there actions effect you. Tell you the truth I had a really crappy dad, but he can't be the reason why I don't succeed. Why I am not happy. Betheny says " break the chain". Now, please understand I have a wonderful marriage, I had a successful career, and lovely children. I am not depressed or blaming my life on anyone or anything. But I do have some issues of character, which I can relate back to my crappy dad and his treatment of me.

But today I said, No MORE. There are things and places I want to go. Maybe I should get off my butt and get them for myself. You see, Inspired! Now the trick is to keep the inspiration.  Keep the motivation and pursue my ambitions. If any of you get a chance, watch Betheny Ever After. What an amazing show. She is quite a woman and probably the way we all wish we could be. I say good for you Betheny. You have inspired this little nobody from no where Florida. Maybe someday I will get to meet you and say Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment